Keeping up with New Age Technologies can be overwhelming for ITES businesses. It is challenging to choose the right technology stack for service quality, consistently upgrade associate skills, and to ensure all this is done in the least amount of time possible. Such challenges can only be curbed by those with a real will to serve their customers.
Our client, one of the biggest names in information technology in Asia-Pacific, is one such organization. Serving globally for more than 30 years now, they have always been determined to evolve their strategies and processes for the benefit of their customers. The New Age Technology riddle wasn’t anything new to them. They understood the necessity of employing new paradigms that best met customer demand and internal growth. This helps them strategize the future course of action which included:
- Identifying technologies that would speed up deliveries
- Increasing the productivity of every project even in the terms of knowledge contexts and reusable modules
- Monitoring and Planning associate skills to help them grow consistently
- Devising an infrastructure that automates all these tasks in the future
Meeting the demands of new-age customers was the only way to maintain the benchmarks of revenue generation that our client had set in all this time. iauro’s own experience in the ITES helped them to objectively deal with these challenges.
Building a New Age Solution
iauro and the client brainstormed and formulated a plan that would help us realize the client’s vision. Each step was perfectly calculated and here’s how the journey proceeded:
- Beginning with the Empathy Route: The Design Thinking approach had to be the starting point. Before starting our work on the solution, we really had to understand the problem.
- Empathize: We stepped into the customer’s mind. Started with gathering insights from customer’s experiences with our client’s services. We also took a deeper dive into the internal environment of the client organization. The idea was to understand the motivations and contributions of the associates.
- Define: Information gathered from this research helped us understand that this cannot be treated as a single problem. However, it all fell under the umbrella of “dealing with new-age technology demands” there were multiple dimensions to it. We needed kanban engines to streamline deliveries, rating, and gamification of associates and technology stacks, consistent feedback mechanisms, and customized marketplaces for future reusability. In short, we didn’t just need a solution, but a “supersolution”
- Ideation: Once we had defined the problem, we started working on translating the business vision into the technicalities of the solution. This included picking up the architectures that would help with the custom market places, technologies that would fuel the kanban engines, processes that were required for gamification and feedback, etc.
- Prototype and Test: While we’ll discuss the prototype in detail in a while, we would like to list the specific technologies that we picked for our supersolution. The DevOps Engine and the Microservices Architecture were necessary for the core. AI/ML added a layer of intelligence. The cloud containers essentially helped with performance speed and fault tolerance. We created an MVP (Minimal Viable Product) and put it in a feedback loop for around 10k users. This helped us improve the final solution that was delivered.
- DevOps Engine: Taking the discussion about the prototype in more detail, let start with the role and necessity of the DevOps Engine.
- DevOps Automation has the necessary features for agility and security. Therefore, a DevOps engine was necessary for the platform
- The engine automated the redundant tasks and encouraged the innovative ones
- Continuous Delivery and Continuous Integration is a fast as well as a secure way of delivering the services to the customers
- The DevOps strategies also facilitated with smart project planning and associate upskilling
- Microservice Architecture: The microservices architecture was necessary for ensuring the scalability of the solutions. Since the solutions would be handled by a large number of users both internally and externally, the scalability factor had to be impeccable. Microservices also helped with creating the customized marketplace because of their reusable nature.
- AI/ML Backbone: AI/ML added a layer of smartness in our supersolution. It helped the client understand the pain point for every individual associate skilling. The incoming projects could be profiled for reusable modules and team assignments.
Outcomes of the Supersolution
The super solution we built with the client was on-point. It enabled the client to meet the New Age Technology demands by:
- Enhancing the delivery speed to customers by 30%
- Curating well-judged tech stacks for incoming projects
- Finding the most suitable associates for every project and thus saving the development cost by 25%
- Identifying reusable modules from the custom marketplace to bring down capital expenditure by 50%
- Harboring a large number of new projects from customers globally and maintaining the loyalty from the existing ones