Studying from the Past
These are demanding times for the edutech market. The customer base that it caters to has an extremely low bandwidth and, understandably, even lower attention span. Students head to digital solutions like e-learning platforms to get better course understanding in less time than their textbooks. In such a case, a platform where the tutorial videos buffer every 10 minutes is no good for them. They would rather go to a site like YouTube and watch a tutorial video for free. Speed, scalability, and engagement are therefore, the three biggest challenges that this business is facing at the moment.
Our client has been thriving in the education sector for the past 20 years. Their determination to help students excel is supported by a course material designed meticulously by experienced teachers. They were handing out this course material to students using their E-learning platform. The platform was able to provide personalised learning and simulated mock-tests across various curriculums and education boards of the country. However, the company was perfectly aware of the challenges in the edutech market. Their early realization led them to take proactive modifications in the platform in order to:
- Magnify the number of students being facilitated by their platform
- Ensure maximum student engagement with an interactive and intuitive user interface
- Enable multiple device support to cover a wider range of students
- Incorporate an architecture that can support a broader range of educational institutions and curriculums
The company was already serving around thousands of students and they were now aiming for a million. Thus, iauro stepped with its experience in edutech, to collaborate with the client for evolving the platform.
Learning for the Future
Iauro resonated with the client’s passion to offer education as a service. Our past experience in this sector helped us understand the pain points for the stability of client’s business. It also helped that they had a clear vision as to what they expected. Our design thinking experts were able to translate these expectations in terms of solution ideation. After much brainstorming with the education experts, we agreed for following modifications:
- Incorporating scalability so that the platform is ready for rise in demands in future.
- Updating content management system for minimal redundancy.
- More interactive and friendly UX for better engagement and ease of use.
- Provision for offline course material for students with irregular internet facilities.
For the next 4 months, we worked with the client to deal with all of these points. Our experience in Microservices development helped in adding the required flexibility and scalability. The UI/UX of the platform was also thoroughly re-worked. Our goal wasn’t just to equip the application with the latest technology benefits. We also wanted it to be future-ready, should it need any additional features later.
The new revamped platform was more in line with the company’s vision to serve millions of users without any trouble. With The futuristic E-Learning platform they are now able to:
- Engage a million students concurrently with its scalable architecture and flawless user interface
- Run the platform on a wider range of devices including iOS and Android mobiles, Tablets and even Smart TVs
- Provide the course material in compliance with many Central and State Board curriculums for KG to Undergraduate degree
- Cover wider range of academic examination courses
- Allow the course material to be downloaded offline
- Collaborate with a prominent telecom giant to add a TV experience through Set Top Box
- Serve the students across multiple major cities across the country and more counting.
Education is a human right and Digital Solutions are mere facilitators. No learning should be compromised due to obsolete technology. Our client understood the immediate need to evolve the business and iauro provided them with the right tools to do that. As a result they got to serve a larger number of students with a futuristic edutech. If you too are looking to make your platform future ready, iauro is the name you’re looking for.